October 18, 2011

So!

That nurse recruiter did write me back about the job I applied for. I filled out a qualifications screen and today received a reply that if I'm considered for the position that HR will contact me in 2 to 4 weeks for an interview; if I don't hear back then they like someone else's qualifications better. Not bad for a spur-of-the-moment application.

I think I have a good shot at being called for an interview; I meet most of the requirements for the job. The only things I'm lacking is the BSN preferred and Spanish-speaking preferred. But we shall wait and see. In the meantime I'm getting the resume in order and making a list of places to apply to. This hospital is not the only chain in town, fortunately...there's a few big hospital systems to choose, from plus governmental jobs, and--if I'm feeling particularly up for a long commute--a couple of facilities from the last hospital system I worked for. Though don't know if that would give me any advantage or preference in the hiring process.

I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with my RN-BSN program. It's a program that is 100% online, well-thought of and CCNE accredited, so I hesitate to drop it. At the same time, it's so frustrating trying to get someone who can give me answers on my status and enrolling. The administrative assistant in the office said that should would try to track down someone who can help me. This was yesterday. Nothing from her today. I'll probably skip tomorrow and drop her another line on Thursday--from how things are going so far, I need to keep prodding and poking to get them to remember me.

In the meanwhile, I'm knitting like crazy. I'm working on a shawl that I've been working on since nursing school and will hopefully finish by the end of the year. I've also got some socks fired up because I've found that despite this being California, it can get darn cold! The Reynaud's struck last night...a mild attack, fortunately. But it means I need more wool socks!