February 26, 2010

Priorities

I was offered 8 hours of OT this weekend--yes, my job is willing to pay me for it instead of scrambling to find other PRN staff to fill the spot. I'm about to turn them down. Reason: with work being crazy lately, I have hardly seen my family since last Saturday, and I think it's about time the three of us had some quality family time.

Granted, the thought of that money is tempting me to say "Yes", or even "Yes for part of the day"--after all, a partial would only be four hours and I'd have a full shift's pay in the pocket.  OK, it's VERY tempting. 

But besides missing the family, I'm also a little fried from work this week and I could really use a few days in a row off.  The place is going to be short-staffed, so it won't be an easy shift.  I have a midterm on Monday that I'm not really ready for.  Besides, four hours at my job have a magic way of turning into 6 or 8. So let me not get myself trapped there.