September 1, 2011

Wow

I am officially eligible to sit for the Psychiatric-Mental Health Certification exam...so says the email that I just got from ANCC. Pretty impressive since I only applied this morning. I decided to wait until I hit the "2 years as a paid nurse" mark before applying. Two years...if that new grad stench isn't off of me by now, it never will be!

I won't be testing for a while though...I'll probably end up doing it in California. I could try to rush it in before we move, but there's so much going on that I don't think I'd have enough time to really devote to reviewing. Of course, there's not a lot that is terribly new as I live and breathe psych nursing every single shift I work. Still, we all know there's a BIG difference between real world nursing and the ivory tower world of nursing that these tests are all designed around :)