December 31, 2016

Last post of 2016

It has been exactly 4 weeks to the day since my last update.  I meant to post sooner, but it has been a tough month.

My mother had arrived the day before my birthday and was at my sister's house...I was going to be a bit evil and call my sister that evening to say that I wanted to bring the little ones over to her house for a play date, but decided that the day of the birthday itself was going to be stressful enough.

I could not fall asleep easily...just like last year...so I ended up on the couch watching documentaries and thinking about my dad.  Had my cry and then ended up falling asleep to a documentary about North Korea.  Dad would have appreciated that.

The birthday surprise dinner went well.  I apparently was convincing enough in my surprise that they bought it. 

My mother's visit went as well as they usually go.  The usual ups and downs, the usual stressors.  Some sadness as we thought about Dad, especially when all of the kids were together.  He loved his army of grandsons and they missed him.  Lots of rain, as it tends to rain out here whenever she comes to visit.

I was able to swing 7 straight days off, so we were able to spend plenty of time together. 

Christmas came and went.  Sent Mom back home, had a day off with just the better half and little ones, then went back to work.  And here I am.

I don't feel like reflecting on 2016; if you want to know my thoughts on the year, read the earlier entries.  I don't have any real resolutions for the new year...maybe curb buying so much yarn and start using up the stash I have.  And of course, to make it to 2018.