April 18, 2011

Chilling in NYC

Home with the parents for a few days, then to the in-laws for a few days. The visit is going better than I thought it would...still some stress from my mom, especially when she tries to take control of everything and tell me what I'm doing wrong in life, parenting, eyeliner, etc. But I'm trying to let it all roll off me, like my therapist suggested I do.

It's nice to escape the drama at work for a while. I had made an innocent remark that was misconstrued by someone who got upset. No offense at all was meant by it; in fact, I can't even see how it was offensive in any way...anyhow, I left an apology message and then decided that someone is always going to be offended by something so I can't lose sleep over it. I made my amends, I'm letting it go; if they still have issues with it that is their problem.