April 21, 2011

Hmm

Now with the in-laws for a few days. I'm blessed in that I have a really good relationship with my in-laws. If they're critical of me, at least they keep it to themselves 95% of the time...whereas my mother will tell me about it 95% of the time.

MIL is a psych nurse, so of course we discuss the trials and tribulations of our respective jobs...and of course, I seek her feedback on the workplace drama. I've been kept posted while I am gone and from the sound of things, it's really going downhill. Then I saw my next schedule and noticed that they've got me working constantly with the unit's new day nurse. This means one of two things: I'm either training her (possible but not likely) or I'm going to get floated more. Neither of which is really bad, IMO, and I think it's probably more me being floated. The remaining old staff have a theory--and the more I see the more I agree with it--is that they are trying to break us up and displace us. Reason being: they want more malleable personalities there and a majority of the old unit is not so malleable.

However, looking at all of the massive gaps in the schedule because of this, I wonder if staffing isn't shooting themselves and our unit in the foot. Then I remind myself that it won't be my problem anymore in three months, and just roll with things.

I decided that I am not going to stress if I can't complete my BC before I go. What helped me decide this is that I can't even schedule my test without the requisite two years' experience...and given the drama going on at work lately, I'm not even sure if I want to stick it out to make two years. Oh well.