March 12, 2017

Is it wrong of me to want to be able to eat a bag of Doritos without interruption?

And without having to lock myself in the bathroom to do so?

I believe not.

Yet the little ones will not let me do that.  But then I realized how I could make it possible.

So on my way home this morning, I stopped at the local 7-11 and got a small bag of Salsa Verde flavored Doritos.  I took it and a Diet Dr. Pepper into the bedroom with me.  Then I turned on my sound machine and went to sleep.

When I woke up, I got the bag of Doritos and the soda, and feasted before I turned the sound machine off.  The family knows that when the sound machine is on, they can only enter if there's a fire or copious amounts of blood are involved.  So I knew I would not be interrupted unless the house was burning down or the little ones got into a playroom brawl.

I have no regrets and I do not feel guilty.  Not. One. Bit.

I'm also almost 20 lb. down since starting the intermittent fasting in the middle of October.   19.75 to be specific.  The fact that I don't eat for 16 hours out of each work day (on days off, I scale it back to 12 hours) lets me eat whatever I want--within reason--during the other 8.