March 5, 2013

Burning down...

The leg burn is ugly.  The area is a rich red and the blisters have blossomed.  There's one blister that is the size of a silver dollar...as much as I'm tempted to post a picture of it, I won't as it really IS in the TMI category.  At least the burn is not hurting anymore, which is good.

I'd say so much for the swimsuit modeling career, except that went out the door in 1999 anyway.  This just confirms it.

Yesterday, I stocked up on some non-stick gauze, tape and antiseptic wound wash.  I already have plenty of antibiotic ointment.  I'm keeping the burn anointed and gently covered, more so that the monster blister doesn't accidentally burst than for anything else.  It's really in a bad spot on my lap:  nursing (breast, not psych) is impossible without a pillow to keep the littler one off of it, and I have to keep reminding the little one not to sit on me.

I'm debating about hauling myself over to my regular PCP to have him look at it.  Though to be honest, I'm not sure there's much more he can do for it.  Keep it clean, check.  Change dressing daily, check.  Keep it from sticking to the gauze, check.  Leave blisters be, check.  Motrin PRN, check.

Unfortunately, I can't use the wonder drug of burn treatment--Silvadene--as I'm allergic to one of its ingredients.  Bah.