April 3, 2014

I interviewed for another job.   I didn't get it.

It wasn't as though I am unhappy where I currently am.  My current facility treats me well...for the most part.  It pays well and I get enough hours as of late.   Sometimes I feel a little under-appreciated and trapped.  I know they'd rather I stay where I am instead of working in the inpatient side.  But I'm also trying to lay down the ground work for when I take a permanent position next year.  I don't know if that will be at my current facility; sometimes I can see myself working there until retirement, while other times I feel like I should see if there are better options out there.

After talking to a friend who had been encouraging me to explore those options, I brushed up the resume and applied to where he worked.  Hey, I may as well work a network connection.

Like I said, I wasn't unhappy where I am...I think it was half to see if I could get in this facility which is notoriously hard to get into, and half to see if I still an attractive candidate to other facilities.  I guess I was attractive enough in that I got an interview.  Not attractive enough though as I got the rejection e-mail a couple of days later.

I'll admit, it wasn't my best interview:  I'm a couple of years out of practice.  There were some questions that I could have answered a lot better.  I think I was a little too honest/open about a few things which may have made them wonder if I'd be a good fit.  And the job, while interesting, wasn't quite what I thought it would be...and I think that conveyed.

*sigh*

So it was a nice ego boost to be considered for an interview.  And a little bit crushing to be rejected.  But the feeling is more from the rejection itself than because of not getting particular job.  But at least I know what to expect should I ever interview with them again.

Though it's not as though I'm wanting for work lately.  I've been working a lot...a little too much actually.  As in working 5-6 days a week for the last few weeks.  I think I'm starting to burn out.