December 6, 2015

In which Meriwhen gets the call she's been dreading

It's about my dad.  He hasn't died yet, but he is not doing well at all.  His condition hasn't changed much, but he's very depressed, refusing to take his medications, and has lost the will to live.  My mother wants my sister and I to come out for a few days to cheer him up...but I think, in all honesty, it may be to say goodbye.

I knew this day would be coming.  I was hoping it wasn't going to come for a while longer.

I told the other half that I have to go no matter what.  He worries when I fly by myself, but he understands.  And even if he didn't, I'm still going.  I only have one father and I'm going to see him at least one more time.

So I've started looking up flights.  My sister can't only go over a weekend because she works during the week.  I can't go over a weekend because I work weekends.  I don't know what she will do, but I'm looking at flying out during this week or the next.  She's talking to my mom to find out when we should be there...better one of us at a time talk to her.

This means I may end up having to spend my birthday out in New York.

Meanwhile, I have to get ready to go to work.  My eyes are red and swollen because I couldn't help but cry a little, so this should make for a *fun* shift.