February 22, 2017

I thought I had a relaxing few days off ahead of me. Nope. Two dental appointments, one eye appointment, the final day of work at job #3 and most importantly, the littler one's birthday.

First, dental appointment #1. It was there that it was determined I needed a second and third. Nothing critical; mostly maintenance work and fixing a few minor problems.

 The birthday was early in the week. I can't believe where the time has gone. He was a tiny little baby; now he's a hulking toddler.

 Today is the second (of three!) dental and the eye appointment, back-to-back. The eye appointment is first, thank God, so at least I don't have to go through it with sore gums. However, the appointments are not in the same part of town: I have to drive 45 minutes--in the rain, no less--to the place where the eye appointment is. That's at 0900. Then afterwards, I have to drive back to my hometown for the dental appointment at 1100. If everything runs on time at the eye doctor, I should make it back to the dentist with time to spare.

There will be needles involved in this second appointment. Fortunately, I have a supply of ramen on hand, thanks to some recent ramen cravings. I haven't had ramen in years, but last week I felt compelled to have large quantities (no, not pregnant. I'm out of the gene pool, remember?) so I went to the Asian section of the market and stocked up.

Then the final day at job #3 tomorrow. I'm both sad and relieved.  Sad because I will miss a lot of people there, and even the job itself--it's not what I'd want to do forever, but I did learn a lot from it. Relieved because I no longer have to stress about my schedule and meeting the scheduling requirement.