February 1, 2017

High anxiety, you win...

I'm a Mel Brooks fan.  I couldn't find History of the World Part I to watch, but I did find High Anxiety, so I put that on instead.  It's a fun way to spend the night when you can't sleep.

My father actually took me and my sister to see that movie when it first came out in the theaters in the 1980s.  I'm sure the theater staff thought he was crazy, but our family has always has a warped sense of humor.  We didn't get all the jokes but we never asked Dad to explain them....and I don't think he would have anyway.  It wasn't until many, many years later, that I fully understood every single thing in the movie.

I do remember my sister and I spent the rest of the day singing "The Inquisition."  I still do sing it at times.

My father also took us to see Monty Python's The Meaning of Life in the theaters.  But singing "Every Sperm is Sacred" doesn't go over well when you're in Catholic school.

Moving on to nursing news...

I'm still working on that Job #3 resignation plan.  The letter is pretty much done.  I've stop accepting any work requests using a variety of creative but true excuses.  I'm back there next week so that's when I can make the resignation official.  The immediate next step is the hardest:  calling my friend/manager to let her know I'm leaving before I actually do it.  I know she's going to try to talk me into staying...again:  she was successful in doing that once before.  She's going to be disappointed.  But I need to let this job go, for my own sanity.  I need to think about that first and foremost and resist.

Maybe I'll do it by e-mail instead.  I know, I'm a non-confrontational wuss.

Whatever way I decide to do it, I need to do it really soon because I swore to myself come Hell or high water, I was resigning the next time I went in.

Work anxiety, you win...