July 19, 2018

Another weekly call with Baby Nurse.  She told me that I'm on the few nurses she has who isn't burning to rush through the program as fast as possible.  I responded that my circumstances at this time did not require me to rush and that I could enjoy the ride.

So, all the reading is done.  I started working on the performance assessment.  I'm glad I went with PERRLA, at the least the online version:  it lets me save my paper so I can work on it anywhere.  Which is nice as I have a Mac at home but work is strictly a Windows clique.

I had some questions about this assessment, so I booked a telephone appointment with my course instructor for this morning.  She's a pediatric nurse, so Peds Nurse she is.  I seem to be attracting all of the nurses for the under-18 crowd, which is funny given that this was the one specialty I could never do.

So Peds Nurse answered the questions, and therefore there is now no reason why I can't get started.  My arbitrary deadline for the assessment is July 28, so that leaves me with 9 days.   Except that I'm feeling tired today and really need to get some sleep...

I can't let that be an excuse though.