July 10, 2018

Randomness as I wait

I'm waiting for a webinar that is to begin in about 30 minutes...it's an "Intro to the MSN Program" one.  I decided that I'm going to take advantage of everything offered that could apply to me in some way.  Though I'm not a webinar fan and prefer to not have to call in--I'd rather converse by chat instead.

I've decided to rename my program advisor from Kid Nurse to Baby Nurse, as the former keeps conjuring up images of goats.  I have a standing telephone date with her on Wednesday mornings.

The class that I'm in has a "21 and Done" list...apparently a lot of these classes have this feature.  Basically, it maps out the entire course over 21 days, and if you want to finish the course--or at least submit the performance assessment--within 21 days, then this is the document to follow.  It's not binding, so if I decide to use it, I'm not committed for the entire 21 days.  Anyhow, I started off with it and abandoned it by day 5.  My work/life schedule didn't exactly sync with the schedule of tasks as in the document, with the end result that I'm not exactly up to day 10 as the document says I should be at.

I am doing a lot of work though.  It's mostly self-reflection, as well as learning about systems of health and wellness.  Learning a lot about mindfulness and how it could improve my nursing practice.  I admit, I'm a perfect candidate for learning mindfulness as my specialty of nursing focuses on the mind.

I need to stop eating cheese.  I usually don't eat it as my body doesn't tolerate dairy as well as it used to...but it's Muenster cheese.  Damn good Muenster cheese at that.  And I have no willpower when it comes to damn good creamy Muenster cheese and whole-grain bread sandwiches.  I have to tell the other half to go back to getting Cheddar.

I find out later this week--Friday--if I am one of the scholarship recipients at work.  I'm going to be really disappointed if I'm not.  I worked very hard on that scholarship application, particularly in refining the question answers to be under a certain number of words--and a rather small number of words at that.  Plus include all the key words.  Plus make it still sound like me.

I haven't heard about any WGU scholarships yet.   Still hoping to get one of the five that I applied to.