November 7, 2018

Administrative moot point

They did post that administrative position...for evenings.  I have no intention of leaving nights. Therefore, I shan't be applying. 

It shall be interesting to see if we'll have an internal candidate or if someone will come from the outside.

So all that musing I did the other day was a moot point...well, if I think about it, it really wasn't a moot point.  It made me think about whether I really did want to cross over into the realm of administration (answer:  still not 100% sure I do).  It also gave me some food for thought for the future, especially when I graduate with my MSN and decide what my next steps in life will be...both the immediate steps and those in the long game.  I've been thinking in terms of a ten-year plan as of late.  I'll have my MSN in two years, and I'm starting to formulate a picture of where I want to be eight years after that.  You'll have to forgive me if I choose to keep a lot of these cards close to my vest for now.  There's going to be a lot of hands played in this card game anyway.

I will still send my resume and cover letter template to the WGU career center to get them cleaned up and at the ready.  While I love what I do and where I work and don't have any intention of leaving any time soon, it's always a good idea to have a resume and basic cover at the ready should the perfect career opportunity ever cross my path.