February 9, 2013

So I inadvertently scared my sister...

She texted me to see how I was feeling.  So I wrote back that I was OK, having some irregular contractions but nothing to worry about.

I've never seen the girl call me so fast.   Come to think of it...her calling me that fast scared me.

She thought it was showtime.  I told her that it was Braxton-Hicks.  I reassured her that if it was really showtime, the text would have included the instruction to start driving to my house now.

I guess she's just a little anxious to be there.  She also knows that I never went into labor on my own for the first little one (water broke) and I admitted to her that I'm nervous as to figuring out when I need to go into L&D.  Guess she is trying to help.

38 weeks tomorrow.  Feeling OK except for the itching and the irregular contractions.  I finished knitting a pair of socks that were a birthday gift to a friend.  I'm going to work on an abandoned sock from last year...it was a complicated pattern and my first foray into both cable knitting as well as pink socks.  I haven't decided if I'm going to make sock #2 of the pair, but at least I could finish the first one.