April 30, 2013

As part of the physical for returning to work for my second job, I had to get immunization titers drawn.  I was born before the days of routine administration of Hepatitis A and B and varicella vaccine.  I did contract the chicken pox at age 13...and no, it was not fun at all--I have a few scars on my face as a result of it.  I fortunately never contracted Hep B, and as far as I know never had Hep A.  

So for nursing school, I got the Hep B vaccine series.   I don't know why I've never have gotten the Hep A vaccine.  I have to have titers drawn for the varicella whenever someone wants proof of immunity...such as now.  My PA threw in the titers for Hep A and B just to be sure.

Otherwise I'm cleared to return to work for the agency job.  I have to decide when I want to start picking up shifts again...I have to wait and see when my primary job wants me there and then work around it. 

In other news, I'm kind of miffed because I finally decided to buy a large bottle of argan oil and it broke after less than a month.  I use it daily...best thing to have ever happened to my rosacea.  Getting the large size was more cost effective:  the initial price was a bit of a sticker shock, but the cost per ounce was lower than the smaller size, plus it would last me for months.

That is, if it didn't fall out of my medicine cabinet when I opened the door, and the glass shatter when it hit the ceramic sink.  

*sigh*

So it's a total loss, as there was no way I could salvage the oil--the glass fragments were too numerous and there was no way to strain it without compromising its purity.  A costly loss, but a loss.  Oh well.

I ordered a different replacement oil:  maracuja (passionfruit).  I didn't feel like experiencing the argan oil sticker shock twice in one month, and the maracuja was on sale.  Plus it has received rave reviews...so I figured a change was as good as a rest.