May 3, 2018

Maybe I should have done that exam...

We usually eat Chinese food on Wednesdays.  Well, I eat Chinese food on Wednesdays.  Everyone else has pizza.  My body has decided that it no longer approves of large quantities of dairy, so while I can get away unscathed if I eat one slice of pizza, more than that isn't kind to my stomach.

Today, I opened the two fortune cookies that came with.  One fortune was:

"You will be fortunate in everything you put your hands on."

Maybe if I had done the exam and found the lump, it will turn out to be nothing.

I'm not spazzing...too much.  The odds are definitely in my favor that it will be nothing major.  1 in 8 women get the joy of breast cancer, which means that 87.5% don't.   And even if it is an issue, medical advances have come rather far that the odds are successful treatment are in  my favor as well.  I've had two biopsies that were benign.  Twice, I was one of the 87.5%...

Then again, I was in my 20s.  Now, I'm in my 40s.   And there's that old superstition about the third time of things being not-so-lucky as the first two.

I'm thinking back to several weeks ago, when I felt pain in...wait for it...the left breast, right about where the lump is.  I didn't think anything of it as it was there only for a few days, was intermittent, and was right around the brassieres-no-longer-fit-right time of my cycle.  Now, I'm wondering, "what if..."

I need to go play some Minecraft and relax.