September 28, 2013

Wild and crazy Saturday night

I'm doing some research for my Capstone project and other assignments.  My next discussion question is due Tuesday at 0600.  As I have both work and a social engagement on Monday, I'm getting a leg-up on the work.  This is actually going to be one of the last four Saturday nights that I'll be spending doing schoolwork.  It's a little bittersweet.

Unfortunately, I can't print any of my journal articles to read, as the printer is located in the little one #2's room, and he went to bed early because he was a crabby monster.  The lavender oil in the bath did help tame him.

My procedure went well.   Some discomfort, no complications.  I get the results in two weeks.

I was brought home and passed out.  I apparently woke up to feed and surf the web before passing out again.  I have zero tolerance for benzodiazepines because I never take them:  I only take them pre-operatively or pre-flight.  I don't like them, I don't trust them.  So much so that when my doctor wanted to prescribe an anxiolytic to help with some severe anxiety issues, I requested Vistaril.  Vistaril does not do much for severe anxiety...but to me, it was better than popping Xanax.

Anyhow, the next morning, I still had the Valium hangover...I'm not surprised though.  The half-life of diazepam is about 60 hours, meaning that it'd take 2.5 days to just get 50% of it out of my system.  For it to be considered fully metabolized, that takes four half-lives...in this case, 240 hours or 10 days.

I've kept the prescription bottle should I have to do a random UDS any time soon.  It's not likely, but you never know.