December 26, 2013

Boxing Day

It's rather appropriate that the gift for little one #1 that I ordered from the UK arrived today.  And little one #1 loves it.

The surgery is scheduled for January 8.  The first batch of pre-op work looks good, and they are optimistic about both his prognosis and his survival rate.  He is at higher risk of not making it through surgery due to his age and his cardiac conditions--and of course, no surgery is without risk even for the healthiest specimens--but the odds are still overwhelmingly in favor of him getting through it OK.

I was told NOT to come out for it because I would do no good. Dad is going to be in the hospital for at least 3 days, and I will not be able to go to the hospital with little one #2 in tow.  My parents said they will let me know if they need me, and then I and little one #2 will fly out.  I'm thinking I may be needed afterwards when Dad is at home, but we shall see.

So I'm a little frustrated that I can't be there, but I understand.