November 12, 2016

Didn't work

No one called out, yet I still wasn't cancelled.  Bah.

To add insult to injury, they assigned me to my least favorite unit.  Double bah.

Even more insulting, there is a chance that tomorrow, someone else who already requested to be cancelled will be cancelled even if some staff call off.  Triple bah.

*sigh*

Like I said, I go into these things expecting to not get cancelled, so I'm not terribly distraught that I wasn't.  But the fact that they put me on my least favorite unit instead of where I usually go on Fridays, while the nurse who normally works this unit was sent to where I would be, just kind of kills the mood for me.

And probably for that nurse as well, as I'm sure they're sitting there wondering, "why is Meriwhen is in MY spot and I'm over here in Hell?"  I know they're not really a fan of my Friday night unit, no more than I'm a fan of theirs.  Coworker, I'd trade with you if I could.

Perhaps they thought we'd both like the change.  Or they wanted us to have the change.  Who knows?

Oh well.  Nothing I can do but make the best of it.  The one thing that is good about this unit is that I'm left alone--really, I'm sent to a far corner and am by myself--so I can catch up on my reading and story writing.

I'll have to find another way to get that mini-escape.