November 7, 2016

The day has finally come

Election Day tomorrow for those in the U.S.  If you haven't voted yet, be sure to do so.  I'm going after work to vote.

I still am getting over the fact that my polling place is in someone's garage.

You see, in California, you can make a little extra money by hosting a polling place.  All you do is provide the space; they provide the staff and the supplies.  I was nervous about going to cast a vote in someone's garage until I researched the law and the process.  It's all strictly above-board.  The whole thing is tightly monitored and is as kosher as a Hebrew National hot dog.  

Seriously, Hebrew Nationals are the bomb of hot dogs.  So for me to say that means I do trust this voting process, at least in this garage.  I don't know about the rest of the country, but I feel I can trust this.  But still, the fact that I'm deciding the fate of the country's government in a garage is still a bit of a mind trip.

There's not a lot of political talk at work.  For most of my coworkers, I can't tell who is going to vote for which candidate.  I also have not disclosed my choice; if asked, I reply that I haven't decided yet.  And to be honest, until I cast that vote, I can change my mind.  Overall, this lack of political discussion isn't a bad thing, as it means there's not a lot of political tension among us.