November 25, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate it.  Happy Fourth Thursday in November if you don't.

Hanging in there.  Lots of ups and downs.  The family dinner went well, then I caught a short nap and went into work where a second family--the work family--dinner kicked into action.  The power of the potluck.  It was very multicultural.  Lots of Filipino food.  I told one of the LVNs she could adopt me so I could live off what she brought in.   I'm not sure of its name, but it was like a Jamaican patty, just not with jerk seasoning.

It was nice to have my appetite back for a while.  Alas, it's gone again.  I skipped breakfast, choked down leftovers for lunch, and said No to dinner.

And I probably won't feel like eating overnight either.  One of the LVNs--a different one--commented that I wasn't eating and said I must be watching my figure.  It was said in all affection, so I took no offense.  I told her that I just hadn't had an appetite lately and eased the conversation to another subject.  I didn't mention why...no sense in depressing everyone else along with me.