March 11, 2012

Spring forward

Moving ahead one hour today. I don't really feel like I lost any sleep...surprisingly, I don't even feel "off." I usually handle falling back one hour worse than I do springing forward one hour. Just wait though: in a few days I'll be springing ahead 3 hours. I hope THAT change doesn't affect me too much.

I personally don't understand the benefit of changing the clock around. I'm not even sure that the supposed energy savings/benefits makes the inconvenience worth it.

My time in the dual program may be drawing to a close soon, as rumor has it that the nurse who I'm filling in for is getting ready to come back to work. I'm going to miss working there--it was a lot of fun and I loved the hours. And I know that I'll be working there again one day, just not as frequently as I was the last couple of months. Such is the life of per-diems. Not that I'm lacking for work: when I get back I've got stints in eating disorders and adult already lined up.

Plus in April I'll start resuming the inpatient per-diem search. I've been good about not actively looking though one day I did succumb to some curiosity while I was looking something else up for someone. The unit that I had interviewed for a while ago--the job that was erroneously posted as days when it was evenings--posted a new PRN job for day shift. I didn't pursue it, as I'm afraid it's another error....especially since the manager told me that her day per-diem needs were already taken care of. Oh well.