June 26, 2013

I should be working agency tomorrow, unless my primary employer dangles another carrot in front of me.

I have to admit I'm a little nervous about returning to agency.  It's been 9 months since I last worked for them.  I know that several nurses left the agency because of the hourly rate decrease.  A few more left for other various reasons, some good...some not so good.  And some of the permanent staff that I knew at the facility they're sending me to have left, though I don't know why...yet.  I'm sure I'll find out.

I'm not sure what P&P at the facility have changed.  I still have all of my old notes so I'm fairly confident.  Plus my agency has sent me several bulletins/updates over the last month so I can be aware of them.

Well, I guess it's another trial by fire...more like refresher by fire.  I survived the first time, I'll survive again.  If not, then I could always consider going registry at my primary employer.

Why don't I just go registry there in the first place, especially as they pay more?  I have to give up the flexibility because they have a stricter scheduling commitment.  Plus I can't get the experience there that I can get at this agency site, which is emergency crisis stabilization.