November 4, 2011

Another interview (almost) lined up

I got a call to interview for outpatient psych services in the same hospital chain as #1 Hospital. I admit, I was hoping for inpatient somewhere--preferably #1 hospital but any place would be fine--but this might not be too bad. First of all, it would get me into the hospital chain's system, and we know that as a general rule, internal candidates get priority when applying for internal positions. Second, no one says I can't pick up a PRN inpatient gig somewhere else and have the best of both worlds.

So this outpatient place wants to get me in as ASAP for an interview (a good sign) so the manager I just spoke with is going to talk to the other managers (more than one manager wants to speak with me, another good sign) and call me back to set a date next week.

In the meanwhile I did call #1 Hospital and left a "remember me?" message. And that's all I'll do on that end. I've interviewed and I've made my follow-up call, anything else beyond that is in my opinion being stalkerish. I just have to wait and see what's going on. Later on I'll work on that cover letter for the crossover jobs. No response to my emails--from either hospital chain--inquiring about training.

I also need to study for the ANCC exam. I have REALLY been slacking off on it, and the test is in less than a month. I need to get my rear in gear and get cracking. I should get it done early today, since it's Benny Hill night on one of my local TV stations.