November 26, 2011

Migraine. Bah.

I woke up at 3am with a migraine. It's now 7pm. I still have remnants of it lingering around, but at least I can stand up and function without blinding pain or nausea. 3000mg ibuprofen plus 1000mg acetaminophen plus several cups of coffee plus a cold wet rag on my head helped get me to a functional state. I think another 800mg of ibuprofen will be needed before bed.

So the migraine kind of killed most of my plans for the day. We were going to climb one of the nearby mountains but there's no way that was going to happen, so the boys went on their own. Studying was out too because I couldn't focus on the print. The only things I could really do today is lie around, listen to the television and knit (since I don't need to see the stitches). I made a lot of progress on a shawl that I'm knitting for my mother.