November 10, 2011

The cold that won't go away

I'm going on five days with this cold and I feel miserable. We've all come down with it. The little one has had it more than a week (and that's how we know it's a cold--we took him to the doctor), and my better half just started getting hit with it. They're both coughing like crazy and lethargic, and their symptoms flare up at night. Meanwhile, my symptoms are always at their worst in the morning, but they even out to a general malaise that lasts all day. The worst part is how it affects my throat--that is my weak spot. I lose my voice every morning.

So here I am drinking Theraflu, knitting the border onto my shawl, watching old movies and trying to get as much rest as I can. I want to get on the treadmill and exercise because it's been almost a week since I was last on it, but I'm getting winded walking around. Oh well. If it doesn't improve in a few days I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor. I really hope it does go away faster than that: my mother is flying out to visit.

My interview for the outpatient psych went pretty well--the nurse manager called me at home a few hours later and sounded very positive about my getting it. So I'm keeping my fingers cross that I'll be getting a call from their HR department really soon...in the meanwhile I'm still looking, at least for per-diem stuff, because it's not official until I sign the offer. But I'm being optimistic.