November 16, 2011

Hoop. Jump!

I received a job offer for the outpatient psych. I accepted gladly. It's per-diem but even though I will be core to one partial hospitalization program, I will have lots of opportunities to pick up shifts in all the units. Plus it gives me an "in" towards getting per-diem inpatient shifts.

Now I'm doing the pre-employment hoop-jumping: drug testing, titer drawing, PPD placing, physical examination, background check, reference check, license verification, work verification, and so on. So far, so good...I'm worried about one hoop, but I talked with them about it and was reassured it should turn out fine. If I clear all the hoops I go in next week to sign the paperwork and begin the orientation process.

Meanwhile, I was contacted out of the blue by a nurse recruiter by an agency. I probably won't pursue anything with them, at least not right now...but it could never hurt to cultivate a relationship.

Just over two weeks until my certification exam. I'd been reading my study guides on and off, but for next two weeks I better be all over those books! I don't want to fail and have to pay for another exam.