January 22, 2012

:(

All cardio at the Y today.

This is the first time I have ever been emotionally drained after watching a football game. I was very excited for this game because I have two favorite teams: the Ravens and anyone playing against the Patriots...so this game was a double blessing. After an entire game that started with me yelling at the television from the stationary bike on the Y to having to set my knitting aside because I was so distracted by the game that I was making mistakes left and right...the ending was a heart-breaker.

Bah bah bah bah bah!

Still like them though. Grew to like them over the years--our cable network back east decided to carry Baltimore sports channels, so I got to see a lot of Raven stuff. But despite all the Baltimore games I saw, I'm still not an Orioles fan as I will always bleed navy pinstripe. I like them, but they're not a favorite.

So now I'll be rooting for whoever makes it to Super Bowl opposite the Patriots. I'd like it be New York since that's the team of my homeland...well, technically Buffalo is the only team playing in New York as the Giants play in New Jersey, but over the years I've come to accept the Giants. But I can cheer for the 49ers too. Whoever can throttle New England will have my cheers.