January 10, 2012

I'm waffling about filing the government psych nursing job application.

Truth be told, I don't really want to work full-time...strike that. I don't want to work full-time as a full-time employee, at least not right now. I'm not a fan of the rotating shifts or the possibility of having more 12-hour shifts than I'd like. I have no problem working full-time as a per-diem because I always retain control of my scheduling: I may not always like the shifts they want to give me, but at least I'd have the option to say Yay or Nay to them.

Also, if I am going to work nights or 12s, I'd rather do so at my current facility or at #1 Hospital...and after February, I could apply for additional positions at both. Perhaps taking it easy on the work front for another couple of months may be worth it if I can land another one in my current hospital chain.

So for right now, I've stopped the application process. I may change my mind later or tomorrow. We'll see.

After my treadmill time, I tried some circuit training for my legs today. I also tried the stair climber but had to quit after 5 minutes because even on the lightest resistance it felt like I was mountain climbing.